Sunday, June 24, 2012

This is Not the end

This is Not the End is a track from Gungor's latest album, Ghosts Upon The Earth. If you've never heard of Gungor, get thyself to the iTunes store. Quick.

Those words can also be used to describe my feelings of Italy and this life-changing summer.

In a little less than a week, I'll be back in the States for at least another eleven-months.
In years past, that thought, the thought that I won't be out adventuring around the world, has depressed me. However, a friend and fellow summer project-er Catherine, gave me some good insight a night ago.

She said, "Don't think of heading home as leaving the mission field but rather think of it as going on a year-long mission trip to America."

What wisdom. For once, I intend to do just that. Words cannot express how excited I am to see my family and friends, church families and youth kids.

Not only will I be able to share with them of the numerous places I've seen and foods that I've eaten, but more importantly I will have SO MANY opportunities to share the Gospel, the reason that I've been conversing with random strangers all summer, with the people that I love most.

So. So. Excited.

Though I have loved Bologna and would love to come back long-term in the future, I know that Beebe and then Conway in the fall is where I need to be right now. In fact, it's where I want to be right now.
I want to complete my Senior year of college. I want to be an RA and love my floor well. I want to be the best daughter, granddaughter, niece and friend possible. I want to write in order to give His name praise and to show the campus of CBC that God is still relevant.

I want to love God with all that I am...and to share that experience with others.

As my team and I finish ministry in Bo, please pray for the following names. Though they may be merely words on a screen to you these people are our dearest Italian friends.

They are the people that we have spent the past 6-weeks pouring-into and doing life with.
They are the ones that we love and will miss.

Virginia
Simone
Silvia

Luisa
Melissa
Sara
Giada
Imma

Mateo
Igon

Leonardo
Marco
Fedro

Laura
Carolina
Stephen
Diego
Gail
Johnny

Shirley
Claudia
Chiara
Michael
Vlad
Georgia
Jiacomo
Anjelica
Ester
Peter
Kevin
Julie
Soraya
and Guilia

Thank you always. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Love in Him,

Brittney











No comments:

Post a Comment